Tuesday, August 2, 2011

While traveling....

...always be aware of your surrounds. For example, let's say you are taking a long flight of let's say 13 hours, and you are on the plane crammed into the lowest of the low class seats. Obviously, you foresee the next 13 hours to be pure torture. However, being aware of your surrounding can be to your advantage. After boarding, I was obviously eagerly looking around scoping out empty seats, when, could it be?! Three people want to for some unknown reason not sit in their exit row seats. Totally indifferent to looking like an idiot, I half stand up and raise and wave my hand like a kid in junior high who knows the answer to the math problem and wants to be called on first. And score! My entire row gets to move up to exit row seats!!! Leg roooooom galore! I think I was on a pure happy high for the first hour of our flight. My torture chamber that would have been my old seats, magically turned itself into Goda's version of first class. To top it off, we made friends with our stewardess and go served wine from first class. Could things possibly go more our way!

I have officially arrived in China and am hanging out in Beijing waiting for our connecting flight. I cannot believer I'm here!!

Also, while I have this time to thank everyone who came out on Friday to celebrate our departure to the land of pandas. It was so great to see you all and to know I have your support. This next year is going to be filled with ups and downs (hopefully more ups than downs) and it's great to know I have so many friends to help me get through it all. Thanks again! O and sorry for the hot loud mess that was Duffys. I didn't expect that and it totally wasn't planned. But I hope you all had fun regardless!

1 comment:

Katie Hausauer said...

Woohoo for wine while flying! Glad you got some leg room for that long flight.