Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ooh China: Pants or chaps?

One of the first things you will notice is the excessive amount of babies’ bottoms you will see in China. Apparently, babies do not wear diapers her which is fine. However, all children are either completely bottomless (but wearing a shirt…) or they are wearing what can only be described as chaps. There are multiple versions of these chaps but it’s pretty much the same concept. The ones I find most funny are the baby jeans. They look like normal baby jeans meant for a kid who just recently got the hang of walking (so under/around 2 years old). Well imagine that the seam going from the crotch to the top of the butt was simply not sewn together. Instead there is a giant hole and the kid is not wearing anything underneath. I have not seen these in action yet, and I’m not sure if I want to, but I hear that the kids simply squat and go wherever they are. I have witnessed this exact scene with a five year old girl in Shanghai. We were getting bubble teas when I turn around, see this girl walk up to a tree, drop her pants, pee, pull up her pants and walk away. I was pretty much speechless.

At other times you will see a kid simply wearing an apron which covers the front, but leaves the back bare... Ooh China.


I obviously don't have the heart to take a picture of this, so I stole one from google so you get the idea.

2 comments:

Goda said...

Testing

anne bagan said...

I am so loving your posts. And I remember the bottomless little kids!