Saturday, November 5, 2011

Kaifeng

Kaifeng is a town that is about an hour train ride away so Brandon and I decided to there for one night. We showed up in the late afternoon on Sunday and proceeded to walk around town.
 
View from our slightly dilapidated hotel.

 
In fact, the entire town was pretty dilapidated itself. 

But at least the night market was good! Here are the people setting up for a long night ahead of them.

Ummm..... one of the ladies offered these to us. Let's just say that we passed.

Stuff you can grill. I don't even know what some of it is.

Those are frogs if you were curious.

Candyland!

The garbage full of skewers actually looks pretty darn cool. It's like a Christmas tree.

Writing practice on the sidewalk. I wonder what it says.

Just horsing around. :D

Hot Pot at the night market

Shopping street after all the food ends

Cantaloupe on a stick. They usually have watermelon too.

To this day I'm not quite sure what these are. Fruit dipped in something

Big Boss

Pizza tofu?

Guy selling BBQ squid on a skewer.

Our fish that we had for dinner. Beware of bones!

Baozi aka Baos

Really expensive crab

Seafood!

No idea

So the night market (non food portion) is about fifteen feet wide. Apparently people think its OK to just "park" their E-Bikes smack dab in the middle of the walk way. I seriously don't get the Chinese sometimes!

More of something that I can't identify.

Look delicious and chocolately right? Wrong! It was a tasteless blob of crappy hard dough. O well it only cost like 20 cents.

Spongey tofu. It's pretty delicious.

Fireworks went off. People ran. I took pictures.

Overall Kaifeng was worth the over night trip just for the night market. Otherwise I don't really think the town has much more to offer than ZZ. It's also pretty run down and dirty so I'll just stick to my home. But the night market was definitely a sight to see. We ate a ton there! :)

No comments: