Tuesday, May 8, 2012

How much can you take?

My Mom once said that her 20's were the hardest (albeit most fun) years of her life. As I rapidly approach my  late 20's, I actually reflect a lot on her statement. We're in our 20's but who of us has actually stopped and thought "how much can I take?" My 20's so far have been full of everything from my car catching on fire, to me traveling the world to exotic places to losing jobs and making new friends. Some of the stuff happened intermittently and other stuff happened all at the same time, sometimes within hours. How much can I take? Well, I've apparently learned that I can take a lot. Granted sometimes there were tears, but here I am still standing, probably stronger than I was yesterday. I've dealt with career chaos, fear, emotional changes, heartbreak, envy, and uncertainty and my 20's aren't even close to being over! I think life gets a kick out of making you struggle, but I'm ready to see how much more it throws my way. Besides, I never told you the second half of what my Mom said... She said her 30's were her most calm and secure years. I guess there is something to look forward too at the end of this emotional 20's gauntlet.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.