Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hat Store


Its amazing how many times in life you start over. After highschool you are given the opportunity to recreate yourself in college. After college you try out the adult hat. At some point you realize that hats fits very nicely. Then eventually, we all in our own ways all of a sudden get sick of the adult hat and throw it away. I did that when I decided to move to China. I'm back now and I realize that I miss that hat I threw away. Unfortunately, that hat is long gone. It's been tossed aside and stomped all over and only one person knows where it is. You can call him God, Buddha, or whatever. So here I am again, starting over not by natural life paths such as college or highschool but essentially because of my own choosing. I stand here at the hat store looking for something similar to what I had, but I don't know if the shop will have it, or if I'll even want the same one. Standing here looking at all these choices before me I get excited yet scared at the same time. All metaphors aside, I have questions and fears running through my head. Will I find a job? Where to live? Am unmoving forward in life or have I taken a step back? Will society accept my atypical decisions or will they shun me and make my life difficult? How can I make this starting over point as least stressful and scary as possible? And most importantly will everything be alright in the end?

Only time will tell at this point since the big Buddha hasn't opted to share my future fate with me. I pick my hat carefully but still unsure of its outcome. Here we go... I pick that one!


No comments: