Wednesday, February 22, 2012

End of Cube Ditching in China

Yesterday we finally left China for the last time. Oddly, there were no tears, no sad moments, and no regrets. I came to China and accomplished all that I had wanted to. Unfortunately, as most of you know, it wasn't the best experience all the time, but I still look back on it positively. I think I've grown and changed. Don't ask me how or in what ways, since I don't really know, but I can feel it. I'm sure my changes will become apparent to me once I'm back in Chicago.

Right now I'm about to start on another type of adventure: three week journey around Southeast Asia. I am excited for this little trip to help me reflect on my experiences in China and to prepare for coming home. I am looking forward to visiting new countries, but I am also really looking to coming home and catching up with my family and friends. I really  missed you guys! I think being away for such an extended time with a huge time difference that made it hard to communicate, really made me value and miss my friendships. I miss you all terribly and CANNOT wait to see all of you. :) PS Ladies, there will be a wine and cheese party at my new apt (which is yet tbd) on April 14th 7pmish! Put it in your planner.

I might have a few more follow up China posts to write when I get home, but for now, expect a bunch of posts on Southeast Asia. I'll try to update as much as I can. So off I go! See you all soon and thanks for reading the China chapter of my life!
Last photo in China. All packed up and ready to go. Brandon, drinking milk from a coke zero bottle. That's how we do it there.

xoxo

1 comment:

Jenny C said...

Just added the wine and cheese party to my planner.