Thursday, December 15, 2011

Beijing - Round I'm-going-stuff-my-face-with-western-food

So a few weeks ago Brandon and I went to Beijing with the sole goal of eating Western food (and getting me a visa to Russia). I not only ate but took pictures of everything that I ate. It was delicious, but I will spare you the pictures as I know you see this delicious food every day.

Fortunately, in between meals, we hit up some sites that we had missed last time: mainly Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City. See below.

Pretty hand made waterproof traditional Chinese umbrellas


Beijing West train station. I cannot describe to you the sheer size of this building.

There are at least 6 cameras on this one post. There are what seem like 100 posts! Slightly paranoid I think. O and you can totally feel the slight tension in the air. Everyone goes through a security check to enter the square. And there are cops everywhere as well as more undercover cops that I couldn't distinguish. There are no chairs. Just two giant screens showing how awesome China is.

These screens are huge!


Maoing it up.

He had a little something... right... there!

Forbidden City

We're so sheek

Royal Throne

More security... or just a nice place for cops to nap

More Mao.


No comments: